ASX-listed Mali Lithium becomes Firefinch in corporate rebrand

Australian explorer Mali Lithium has announced the adoption of a new brand and identity and will commence trading on the ASX under the name Firefinch Ltd on Friday.

Executive chairman Alistair Cowden said the change heralds a new chapter and supports the company’s strategic transformation, which begun when it acquired the Morila Gold Mine earlier this year.

Firefinch bought 80% of Morila, located in Southwest Mali, from Barrick Gold and AngloGold Ashanti in August. It is an operating gold mine with a 4.5 million tonnes per annum processing plant. The State of Mali owns the remaining 20%.

“The change to Firefinch represents the company’s new strategic direction and corporate purpose,” said Cowden. “We have a remarkable growth opportunity, the right team in place and we are focused on unearthing the true potential of the Morila gold system.

“Morila has the potential scale and geology to quickly become a mid-tier gold producer in Mali – the best is yet to come.”

Firefinch also owns the Goulamina Lithium deposit – the largest uncommitted hard rock lithium reserve in the world, with a resource estimate of 109 million tonnes at 1.45% lithium oxide (Li2O) with 1.57 million tonnes of contained Li2O.

@RGNonline